Membership to the Santa Clara Valley chapter of the CRFG is open to all fruit enthusiasts! New and inexperienced, or long-time growers. Here are some of the benefits of becoming a member:
- Participate in our scv-crfg online forum (http://scv-crfg.groups.io)
- Access archived messages containing a wealth of information on topics related to growing edibles (e.g. fruit cultivar choices, pest control, etc)
- Post questions to the group and benefit from the replies by knowledgeable members (including Andy Mariani himself!)
- Invitation to member-only events (e.g. garden tours to visit members’ home gardens)
- Early admission to our annual Scion Exchange at 10 am, one hour before the general public. (Note: in 2021 we are having a virtual scion exchange, due to Covid-19 restrictions.)
Follow the 3-step process to become a SCV chapter member:
Step 1: Become a State CRFG member.
You must be a member of the State CRFG in order to join the local Santa Clara Valley CRFG chapter. The State CRFG is our “parent” organization. State members receive the Fruit Gardener magazine and are eligible to attend the annual Festival of Fruit. Current cost to join state CRFG (depending on your magazine subscription preference) are:
Choose one of the two options to join CRFG:
Step 2: Pay the $10 annual dues for the SCV chapter
The cost to join our chapter is $10 per household per year, which covers membership from January 1st to December 31st. Once you have joined the State organization, choose one of the two options to make payments (You can pay ahead for as many years you have state membership by changing the quantity when you order):
Step 3: Request to join the SCV-CRFG Groups.io forum
Click on this link to join our Groups.io forum. Once our membership coordinator validates that you have completed steps 1 & 2, your request will be approved and you will receive a welcome message from Groups.io.