Membership to the Santa Clara Valley chapter of the CRFG is open to all fruit enthusiasts! New and inexperienced, or long-time growers. Here are some of the benefits of becoming a member:
- Participate in our scv-crfg io group (http://scv-crfg.groups.io)
- Access archived messages containing a wealth of information on topics related to growing edibles (e.g. fruit cultivar choices, pest control, etc)
- Post questions to the group and benefit from the replies by knowledgeable members (including Andy Mariani himself!)
- Invitation to member-only events (e.g. garden tours to visit members’ home gardens)
- Early admission to our annual Scion Exchange at 10 am, one hour before the general public.
Follow the 3-step process to become a SCV chapter member:
Step 1: Become a State CRFG member [! Waived during pandemic !]
State membership is required to provide insurance coverage of chapter-hosted in-person events (e.g. meetings, tours, etc)
You must be a member of the State CRFG in order to join the local Santa Clara Valley CRFG chapter. The State CRFG is our “parent” organization, and provides insurance to members at our events. State members receive the Fruit Gardener magazine and are eligible to attend the annual Festival of Fruits. Current cost to join state CRFG are:
Choose one of the two options to join CRFG:
Step 2: Pay the $10 annual dues for the SCV chapter
The cost to join our chapter is $10 per household per year, which covers membership from January 1st to December 31st. Once you have joined the State organization, choose one of the two options to make payments (You can pay ahead for as many years you have state membership by changing the quantity when you order):
Step 3: Request to join the SCV-CRFG Groups.io forum
Click on this link to join our Groups.io forum. Once our membership coordinator validates that you have completed steps 1 & 2, your request will be approved and you will receive a welcome message from Groups.io.